Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

n u m b e r t w o.



You are precious. 
and, we love you. 

We've known about you. Since I was 4 weeks pregnant to be exact. We found ourselves eagerly awaiting our ultrasound and 4-6 weeks took FOREVER. So when we had the chance to see you the same day we confirmed you were here we were ECSTATIC. 

Fast forward to 12 weeks, and we had all of our screening, first trimester tests, and the second ultrasound. You brought tears to my eyes, Xander didn't understand, and Daddy was CONVINCED you were a boy. You were so wiggly but, lo and behold, Daddy was right! She was 98% sure you were a boy. 

A few minutes later, the doctor came in and told us we were back to being high risk. My heart sunk. I I remember being so worried about your brother that I was really hoping you would beat the odds we had against us. I really wanted this to be a bit different, less stressful + so, to wait for the anatomy scan in about 6 weeks.
I will say though - the best thing was watching you move and just knowing it would all be okay! 

f a s t f o r w a r d. 

19 weeks 2 days. Our anatomy scan.  We had already had all of our super big tests, and everything pointed to another healthy + happy baby. So you pop up on the screen + I fall in love. You have gotten so big + so much more wiggly! Aunts Jesy + Sara were with us + so was your Brother.

I am such a worry wart that every time she took measurements my face was practically on that screen.
+ here's what we saw.

♡ You are DEFINITELY a boy.
♡ You DEFINITELY look like your big brother.
♡ You are stubborn, like all of us - mommy mostly ;)

Everything looks great baby boy! We are lucky and happy to report that 2.0 is growing ON TARGET which, as of right now, means that IUGR isn't entirely present with 2.0 + this is good news! This also means I don't have to return, as of now, at 28 weeks for a follow-up ... unless between now + our 3rd trimester you decide to be just a tad more stubborn + make us go in ;).

+ now, for an awesome picture ♡
peace sign never looked so awesome ;) 
I love you bunches already, we all do. 

love always, 




2 comments

  1. He is just so perfect and precious and handsome and PERFECT already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you bunches <3 Thank you my sweet, sweet friend!!!!

      Delete