Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

five things i've learned from my second pregnancy, so far...



I knew becoming pregnant would be different this time around, I mean no child is the same so we would anticipate a pregnancy following suit, right?

1 -- You will be tired like no other.  Unlike your first pregnancy, you are more than likely still dealing with an infant, chasing around a toddler, prying yourself away from a preschooler or playing taxi to your child's crazy number of extracurriculars.It doesn't matter how much sleep you think you may have gotten or what you think is enough - you. will. be tired.

If someone would have told me my second would make me hate my favorite coffee or that my 19 month old would start his terrible two's 6 months early - I would have laughed. Who was I kidding? S O S.


2 -- You will always be running late. When I was pregnant with Alexander I was working full time + working extra hours, attending events, being a wife, trekking from doctor appointment to doctor appointment, working on little sleep and I was ALWAYS on time because well.. I don't really know why. This time? I have, at four and half months pregnant, realized that I will be late to my own funeral. It's a fact. I have given up trying to leave at a specific time. If I haven't left a half hour before I'm supposed to be somewhere, it's literally a known fact I will be at least 10-15 minutes late.

And you better not give me shit for it either.

3 --You need to take care of yourself too. I was so used to Alexander just needing me and making sure that I was doing everything I could so that he was comfy, fed, happy + healthy that I wasn't realizing I was literally depriving myself. Until I found out I was pregnant, then I realized that if I don't sleep, eat, or drink water I am literally going to fall prey to this beautiful thing called Life. If you don't take care for yourself, no one else can. So I started making a food log and a water log of everything I ate using MyFitnessPal so that I was SURE I was making and taking the time to feed my needs + beanie's needs.

4 -- Be prepared for anything and everything. When I was pregnant with Alexander,  I was high risk and he wasn't growing, also known as IUGR [ Intrauterine Growth Restriction. ] I thought it was simply because his umbilical cord had inserted in the wrong part of my placenta. I figured that since I was already showing and I wasn't bleeding like I did with Alexander - that I was in the clear.

Unfortunately, I was blindsided upon receiving my results that I was not only carrying another IUGR baby [ no shame, Xander is tiny + mighty - peanut will be just the same ] but that I have poor placental perfusion and was started on aspirin til 36 weeks. Basically meaning my body just doesn't create a healthy placenta + does not provide all that it should during pregnancy.

So, yet again, high risk. But He is good and He will not leave me stranded. I know this and I trust in Him to lead my doctors in the right direction.

and, lastly.

5 -- I am unprepared to love another child the way I love Alexander + it frightens me. I love being pregnant again. I love that we are blessed yet again with another baby and are adding a little boy to our lives. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about how the transition from a family of three to a family of four will be. How do you love someone so much? How are you able to share your heart that already beats so strongly and breathtakingly for one between two itty, bitty souls? Is it even possible?

I was soothed. Upon seeing wiggle worm #2, when I heard his heartbeat + when I finally felt him kick for the first time ever so sweetly. I'm sure, as time goes by I will definitely understand how and why and what it means to literally love with every single fiber of your being for more than one child.

And I cannot wait.

love always, 








4 comments

  1. I just love you Sasha bug. You are such a good mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly pregnancy comes with its own challenges and each pregnancy is never the same. And you will definitely love again. I'm totally in love with all my 4 girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! It is different after your first born... you know exactly how much your heart with burst at the seams with love. Fantastic and scary all at the same time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I stressed about not having enough love for both of my kiddos, but when I saw our youngest one's face after she was born I literally cried like I have never cried before and realized your heart can grow and accommodate so much. It's truly amazing. As for tired...I totally hear ya! I didn't know being that tired was possible either!
    www.gamesbooksandfun.com

    ReplyDelete