Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

He owns my soul.






One Year Ago Today. 

If you would have told me that a video or picture would still make me cry and be overwhelmed with love I would have told you-you were lying. 

When people warned me that becoming a parent would soften me up, I boldly told them no. 
When people advised me that I would be a different person, with different goals, thoughts and all, I said: "Yeah, okay."


This was my one year ago, today. 




Now that I've cried for the 5th time watching that video and, if you've watched Alexander grow with us, you're crying too. Then let's gather ourselves, shall we? 

Becoming a parent was one the best things that could have happened to me. You're probably sitting there saying, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's what everyone says, you're not saying anything new. 

I'll tell you why. 

See, the day I found out we were expecting a little one of our own I couldn't stop smiling. Just a few hours before I had purchased an insanely large ping pong table for Nick when I realized I had yet to have FLO come and stay for a visit. I quickly erased the thought and said "meh." 

The longer I let that idea sit in the back of my head, the longer I felt compelled to take a test. I was freakin' nervous and rightfully so? I mean if it were true - then we were about to embark on a new journey. If not? Then I spent at least $15 to pee on a stick. 

Positive.
Along with that, was the realization that I was 4 weeks pregnant. 
And that I just spent x amount on a ping pong table. lol. 

Fast forward to this very day, February 1, 2016. 

Alexander was never a great sleeper. We coslept because I was exhausted, he was cluster feeding, and I was overwhelmed. I needed him to sleep because I had JUST started school and I just wanted to sit down and get work done. 

Throughout this entire journey - Nick, my husband, has been a beacon of hope. Here was, again, another flashback to one year ago today. Surviving the first few months of parenthood. 


We were both tired, both frustrated, overly stimulated and just trying to make it through. 
If only we had known what the next year would look like 
* cue happy, exhausted tears of sleep and joy* 



1 comment