Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

Mind It.



Today, on my personal Facebook, I shared a meme. Much like everyone else does. 
This one specifically. 



I had a few handful share it - but I also received some not so nice messages about how I should be kind to people because they are asking out of concern, worry and interest. That I should be grateful that someone cares enough to ask about Nick being deployed. 

Rarely do I ever feel the need to have to explain something but, apparently, my annoyance is unwarranted and I should know better than be rude to those who are expressing "concern" [ I use that word lightly ]. 

Fact of the matter is - we don't know when he can get leave next because it may coincide with him being deployed.. so no you cannot monopolize his leave. 

Fact of the matter is - we won't know where we get stationed next because we can't tell the damn future. 

Fact of the matter is - we don't know when Nick is coming home and even if I did, I couldn't tell you. 

Fact of the matter is - I don't know if he will be home for the holidays and I'm sorry that that inconveniences you and your nosy self. Ill remember that in the event that he isn't home and I have to ask you to hold the camera so we can record Alexander opening presents. 

Lastly, we cherish as much time as we possibly can. We were lucky to be able to FaceTime and see each other this last week. It wouldn't have happened otherwise. We don't have the same luxuries we used to and we take what we can get. 

I could understand if I were rude about it, I could understand if I was a bitch with my "I don't know" but I was neither. I simply just do not know. Neither does he. And to reach out to someone and tell them they should be grateful for the "concern" baffles me. 



No comments