Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

The Power of Apology

Something about becoming a Mom changes the way you do things.

For me, it was righting the wrongs I'd made with someone people from my past. Not all of them. In some cases its best to leave things as they are.  I started this journey in my pregnancy and finally crossed off the last person on my list.

See, my list wasn't long at all. I thought carefully, over the course of my pregnancy, about the people I would apologize to. Mostly, the one person I'd apologize to.

Trying to get in contact with her was quite the task.. as I was, up until recently, blocked.

I can't  express the relief it was to finally find her & apologize for the ugly side of me she saw.

Rarely ever do you hear of people coming forward about being ugly - but I did, I owned up to it and the response was beautiful.

The power of apology is crazy. How the utterance or writing of "I apologize for...." can absolutely change and make someone's day. I've done this twice in my life. Both to people who were undeserving of it but times and situations were present.

If you're reading this... which I'm sure at some point you will. Please know even though I was a hideous being I never stopped checking on you. I never stopped asking around - because the one incident didn't change how I looked at you/felt about you.

I want my son, and my future children, to understand the power of their words. How they can take one day and completely fuck up someone else's because they decided to be a little shit. I want them to understand that apologizing does not make the person they are apologizing to better than them, that they are not beneath nor above an apology.





No comments