Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

Who's Got the Funk?

Motherhood is rough! 

There are some days where it seem like a piece of cake. Little one is sound asleep and I can finally run and shower. Other days I'm wondering if I was even made out to be a mom. Sometimes it feels so right, others I'm at a loss for how unprepared and unnatural I am.

Post Partum Depression and Anxiety is R E A L. 

I prepared myself pre-birth, all throughout the pregnancy, to recognize signs, to get coping mechanisms and, essentially, what it was and what it wasn't.

I was convinced I wouldn't have Post-Partum Depression. I was under the impression you had a choice.. I was wrong.

How I knew?

I was denying it. I was telling myself I couldn't and didn't realize just how much I was missing. I missed the fact that breastfeeding was affecting me more than I thought. I missed the fact that I got so easily frustrated with the lack of latching. I missed the fact that I was extremely irritable and angered easily.

My final "missed fact" was when my OB asked me at my 6-week Post Partum appointment how I was doing and I lost it - tears, panic attack and all. I hugged Alexander harder, explained that I wasn't happy with where I was, I have more "bad" days than "good", I just don't want to. I felt as though I wasn't good enough.

What scares me the most?

Still not being enough for him. Showing my weakness. Not getting better. Having more worse days than I should be.

----------
Post Partum Depression can be debilitating, lonely, worrisome. Contact your doctor immediately, even if you just have a feeling. There are many, many resources that are there to help you! If you are worried about your well-being or the well-being of your child, please seek help.

Post Partum Depression and Anxiety is NOT a weakness, you are no less of a woman, you are NOT a bad mother.

2 comments

  1. Everything isn't perfect after baby comes home and there is so much to do. Feedings, Diaper changing , napping ,adapting to this new lifestyle and the only way to handle it is one day at a time. All babies are not the same and some goes for mommies. With my first child I didn't nurse and I thought that was ok hey I was only 18. With my second baby I was older and I did more Reasearch and you do what u can I nursed for almost 3 months and remember one day at a time. Some one once told me "the baby needs to adapt to you" In my case both times it didn't work that way I had to adapt to the babies schedule work around that....Sometimes we also need someone to talk to ....Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name: BroadBase Media
    Your email address: affiliates@broadbasemedia.com
    Subject: Working together.

    Message:
    Hi,

    We manage the Affiliate Program for several websites that we think may be a great fit for you and your audience. These sites include www.ergobaby.com, www.orbitbaby.com and www.skyniceland.com. Please let us know if you would have some time to chat, or shoot us an email and we can discuss further.
    Thank you in advance

    Marc

    ReplyDelete