Welcome Friend

Welcome Friend Just another frantic mama navigating the world of motherhood, wife life and all of the in-betweens.
I'm a boy mom and avid coffee drinker.
I love to cook, read + write.

A Family of Three

Us? A family ? THREE ?


Everyone has these wonderful stories about their pregnancy, how they told their spouses, their families, their friends. Ours was a little different.
After having a few drinks the night before and talking outside on our deck till the early hours of Saturday, I went out to get my hair done. I'm usually pretty indecisive anyways so I decided that I should just go for it.

When I got there it was absolutely packed. Go figure, it's 11 am & everyone is getting their hair done. I walk back to my car and contemplate whether or not I should. I was getting ready to do something drastically different. Something told me not to. Instead I decided to sit in my car and google where there were Ping-pong clubs nearby. See, my husband LOVES ping-pong and, for the sake of getting him to do something, I looked it up. Seeing that I was getting nowhere I decided the best thing to do would be to just purchase a damn table. And so, I did. Three hundred dollars later I would be surprising my husband by taking him to Dick's Sporting Goods to show him his new toy.

I drove back home, happy as can be, and called him to let him know I'd be outside and waiting in 10 minutes. We drove around aimlessly and I spoke and rambled about what's-it's and why's-it's. We needed a few things from Target so we stopped. This is when I realized I was supposed to have gotten my oh-so-wonderful-go-ahead-and-wither-and-die-already friend yesterday and didn't. Nick and I had decided for my well being that being on birth control just wasn't for me. I needed a break.

* CUE DANGER MUSIC *
I kid. I kid.


I grab a test for the sake of sanity (I really didn't think I was pregnant) & go about my merry little way. At the register, she giggles and says "Are we hoping yes or no?." I look at her with a blank stare because I didn't even know, then I reply - "Who knows? Either way we're happy". Right? Right.

I walk over to Nick, give him a kiss and go take the entire box of pregnancy tests into the bathroom with me. I had an entire Large Iced Coffee and it ran through my like water runs through pipes so pee-stick issues were none.

I read the directions. I pee on the stick. I wait.
Facebook feed.
Twitter feed.
OKay, time to look. Two lines.
Fuck. * Takes out second test*
I pee on stick. This time I'm waiting, piss test is upside down till I'm ready.
Did I mention that I freak out the minute I see the word test? It's like an innate fear. I blame the New York City Public School system and some shitty teachers I'd had through the years.
I flip the test over. YES.
ALRIGHTY THEN.
Last test confirms a yes & that's that.
I walk outside, look at Nick and the conversation is as follows:
Him: So?
Me: So.. yeah.
Him: Yeah?
* cue huge, gorgeous smile he has that melts my heart every single time.
I think "Gosh.. I LOVE HIM"
Me: YEAH. * Smiling as hard as can be..
& then we high-five.
Shout out to being a family of three!
How did you tell your significant other?

6 comments

  1. Haha, love this story. Very unique and not at all like others i've heard. I think that's why I liked it, lol. Found your blog through Mom Bloggers Club. Here's my blog:
    ourcribofsix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you! =) Thanks for following me! I'm heading over to yours as we speak <3 Welcome to my crazy little world!

      Delete
  2. We were headed to a pig roast that day after a long night of drinking for my friends 31st. My period was late so I said ehhh what the hell, take a test. Immediately the vertical line made a plus and I was like, no way. I went into the bedroom and just showed him the test. He goes, "those things aren't that accurate though right?" LOL my response "when your period is late it's super accurate!" He just got a huge goofy grin and said "wow" about 1,000 times :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! Did you take a picture or keep the pee stick :)

      Delete
  3. well My monthly Friend was late and didn't surprise me because with my first I kind of new what to expect by the way I was so sick could stop vomiting everything I ate ...went to my obgyn and they confirmed I was expecting I went home and my husband asked how did it go at the doctors office I said good ..your going to have a another baby with me and We both SmileD and had a moment in time we decided no one will know until I was 4 months that's how it went for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. well My monthly Friend was late and didn't surprise me because with my first I kind of new what to expect by the way I was so sick could stop vomiting everything I ate ...went to my obgyn and they confirmed I was expecting I went home and my husband asked how did it go at the doctors office I said good ..your going to have a another baby with me and We both SmileD and had a moment in time we decided no one will know until I was 4 months that's how it went for me

    ReplyDelete